Here are some tips that i’ve been doing that could help you save some money and eat healthy while backpacking.
Ways to save:
- A lot of hostels offer a kitchen you can use while you stay there. Use it to your advantage.
- Go to the local markets for your fruits and vegetables. It’s super cheap and fresh!
- Find a friend to cook with. This will cut your bill in half at lest, if not more. Possible left overs for the next day. Plus you made a new friend.
- Some hostels have a free bin in the kitchen. Make sure to check this before going to the market. There could be a few things on your list.
- No Kitchen no problem. This is where you could make a salad or some sandwiches. Sandwiches come in handy if your going on a tour for the day.
- A lot of hostels include breakfast with your stay. Sometimes even dinner and lunch. Be sure to check it out when booking a hostel.
- Depending what country your in you can go out to eat in a restaurant cheaper then cooking a meal your self!
- Fruits are great snacks while your out exploring for the day also really cheap in most places!